Employment Relations Authority

Merger with SFWU About Guide to rights FAQ Contacts Associate members Joining the EPMU Komiti Pasifika Runanga Out at Work National Executive

If the problem is still not solved, you can take it to the Employment Relations Authority.

A member of the Authority will hear the problem and make a decision. Again, your union will make sure all the necessary paper work is done for you.

If you take the problem to the Authority, you will usually get the opportunity to explain the problem and your employer will get the opportunity to respond. Your union would most likely represent you in the Authority.

In some cases, the member of the Authority hearing the case may ask for other information or evidence to be presented. The member of the Authority hearing the case will then consider the problem and make a final decision.

This decision is a final and binding settlement and can be enforced by you or your employer.

Next step in the Mediation process - Employment Court .